Relaxation Massage Edmonton
We offer relaxation massage therapy services at both our North and South locations. Book your appointment online or give us a call to schedule!
What Is Relaxation Massage?
Relaxation massage, as its name suggests, is a form of massage therapy that focuses on providing general relaxation, relieving muscle tension and improving blood circulation. Its primary goal is to assist the client in escaping the demands of their mundane tasks and taking quality time to recover from the stresses of everyday life. When you want to receive a relaxation massage, you can expect the treatment to involve:
- Long, smooth, gliding strokes that are both rhythmic and flowing
- Pressure that is deeply relaxing, but not painful
- A treatment designed to relax and soothe you, but not to relieve chronic pain or other underlying conditions
- A therapist who also takes the massage environment into account – looks for soothing music, warm towels, and occasionally uses essential oils to enhance both the environment and the effects of the massage
What Are The Benefits Of Relaxation Massage?
Just like other styles of massage, the benefits of a relaxation massage usually last several days after receiving the treatment. It may not be the absolute cure for any health problem, but getting regular massage, specifically relaxation massage, can offer the following benefits:
- Relieves back and neck pain
- Improves peripheral circulation
- Improves skin tone and appearance
- Improves gastrointestinal motility, hence improving bowel movement and overall digestion
- Reduces muscle tension such as the relief of muscle tension headaches
- Relieves any stress-related symptoms. This can include providing a boost to the immune system after undergoing regular treatments
- Improves sleep
- Supports healing of minor skin abrasions
- Speeds up recovery of soft tissue injuries
- Improves range of motion
- Promotes relaxation
Can I Claim Relaxation Massage With Health Insurance?
Whether or not you can claim an insurance rebate for a relaxation massage depends on what’s stipulated in your private health insurance policy. Some insurance companies cover massage therapy services so long as they are delivered as part of a licensed health professional’s prescribed treatment for medical conditions. In most cases, you and your massage therapist will be required to prove that the massage being received has made a noticeable and significant difference to the underlying condition. It would be best to check with your health fund provider the extent of your coverage.
How Do You Choose A Relaxation Massage Therapist?
The definition of relaxation varies from person to person. One may associate it with gentle Swedish massage, while another may prefer more pressure applied to their layers of muscle. That said, it’s important to work with a therapist whose style reflects the type of massage that you need.
A relaxation massage therapist is trained in the essential massage strokes used specifically for Swedish massage, including effleurage, circular friction massage, vibration, tapping and kneading. Apart from being highly skilled, they know how to conduct themselves professionally in the workplace. They acknowledge the fact that each client has their own preference, so what works for one may not work for another. This mindset never fails them when it comes to meeting clients’ expectations.
When looking for a therapist who can provide you with an unforgettable relaxation massage treatment, qualification is key. You want the person to at least have a Certificate in Massage Therapy, which is the minimum qualification required to work as a massage therapist. Also, ensure that they exhibit these key qualities:
- Good listener and communicator
AH Massage & Acupuncture clinic always have experienced and certified massage therapist available for you. Call or book online for your massage therapist near you.